Saint Thomas Outpatient Rehabilitation
care for Pelvic Floor
Pelvic floor therapists are physical therapists who have advanced training in the evaluation and management of conditions unique to the male and female pelvis, such as:
- Urinary Incontinence
- Fecal Incontinence
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Pelvic Floor Pain and Dysfunction
- Coccyx/Low Back Pain
- Pregnancy and Post-partum Care
- Sexual Dysfunction
Our pelvic floor therapy program was created to meet the special needs of each patient. Pelvic Floor Therapy
is offered at these locations:
To set-up an appointment call 615-284-PT4U
| HELPFUL LINKS:
- http://www.nashvilleallianceforsexualhealth.org : aids in identifying local resources for the community and professionals, provides information and education on sexuality and sexual health, education on current research
- www.womenshealthapta.org: The APTA (American Physical Therapy Association) section on Women’s Health – dedicated to the improvement of women’s and men’s health globally. This website includes a PT locator to help a potential patient find a WH PT in his or her area.
- www.hermanwallace.com : Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute website includes a variety of helpful information including practitioner directory and products that may be helpful to patients.
- www.womensexandsanity.com: blog developed to educate women on issues that often affect women including bladder dysfunction, female sexual dysfunction, pelvic pain and pain with intercourse.
- www.ic-network.com: the Interstitial Cystitis Network website
- www.vaginismus.com: website whose goal is helping women overcome sexual pain
- www.nva.org: the National Vulvodynia Association website